The first map of Seville,
created by order of the Assistant Pablo de Olavide. F.M. Coello and J. Amat, 1771. Engraving. University of Seville.
In order to put an end to the costs and complications of an ephemeral type of architecture, the Real Maestranza began the construction of the “material” bullring, in accordance with the plans of Francisco Sánchez de Aragón. Between 1761 and 1762 three ochavas were constructed. In the final months the management of these works was the responsibility of Pedro de San Martín.